The Place for Healthy Living News
Hitting weight loss goals takes a lot of dedication and determination. In many cases, it takes a combination of efforts to take off the pounds, such as exercise and developing healthy eating habits. But sometimes it seems that no matter how hard you try, those last few pounds just won't come off. In that case, you might need some fresh ammunition for your battle of the bulge. You already know that the foods you eat affect your weight loss, but here are five fabulous fat-busting foods that may help you trim down and give those last few stubborn pounds the boot.
- Salmon. There's nothing fishy here. Salmon is a real catch when it comes to weight loss,according to "Health" magazine. The omega-3s help build muscle (which burns more fat), while at the same time cutting fat storage by lowering your cortisol levels — which are directly associated with weight gain.
- Avocado. In recent years we've learned more about the value of fatty acids in fighting our own fat. "Health" magazine reports that the avocado houses a power-packed combo of essential fatty acids, monounsaturated fats, and antioxidants that are critical for burning fat. Plus, these little green fruits of goodness also have 14 grams of fiber, which may be beneficial for weight loss.
- Green tea and coffee. These two drinks do more than just wake you up; they both may helpkick-start your metabolism, too. According to Livestrong.com, they may enhance your weight-loss efforts, particularly if taken before exercising. (But remember to drink plenty of water,too.)
- Berries. Whether you prefer blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries, you may already know that they are low in calories and high in healthy antioxidants. But did you know that they're also great fat fighters? According to Cooking Light, that's because they increase production of adiponectin, a hormone that helps burn fat.
- Greek yogurt. It has half the sugar and twice the protein of regular yogurt, and studies have shown that dieters who ate 24 ounces of fat-free yogurt shed 81 percent more belly fat than those who were yogurt-free.
Switching up your diet and adding some fat-fighting foods may be just the trick for making those last few pounds do a disappearing act — for good.